In order to help the community recover from Hurricane Irma, the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners is waving vegetative, construction, and demolition storm debris disposal fees for residents from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 14 and 15 at the following locations:
• Republic Nine Mile Road Landfill - 445 International Golf Pkwy. (vegetative debris only)
• Tillman Ridge - 3005 Allen Nease Rd., Elkton. (household items & construction/demolition debris only)
Contractors and commercial businesses, including landscaping companies, are not eligible to participate and household hazardous waste materials will not be accepted. St. Johns County residents may dispose of the following storm-related materials:
• Vegetative - Trees, branches, limbs, brush, and vegetation.
• Construction/Demolition - Drywall, flooring, and plywood, and flood-damaged household items including furniture.
• Flood-damaged White Goods - Refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, etc.
For more information on the Free Storm Debris Disposal Weekend, please visit www.recyclestjohns.com or call St. Johns County Solid Waste Management at (904) 827-6980.