By Kathy Esfahani
There is so much to learn about gardening! Test your knowledge with these fun trivia questions (answers below):
- Which U.S. state produces the most oranges?
- A) California; B) Florida; C) New Mexico
- What plant has UV-absorbing components that enable it to produce a natural sunscreen?
- A) Aloe Vera; B) Sunflower; C) Agave
- Lavender symbolizes _____.
- A) Devotion; B) Royalty; C) Grief
- What plant can grow up to 12 inches in a single day?
- A) St. Augustine Grass; B) Kudzu; C) Potato Vine
- A study by NASA found that the _____ plant can remove indoor air pollutants.
- A) Orchid; B) Aloe; C) Spider
- What common liquor is made from the Agave plant?
- A) Rum; B) Gin; C) Tequila
- When should spring flowering bulbs be planted?
- A) Early Autumn; B) Summer; C) Spring
- What can be sprinkled in the soil around tomato plants to grow sweeter tomatoes?
- A) Sugar; B) Baking Soda; C) Coffee Grounds
- What flowering plant can regenerate from a single piece of its stem, root or leaf?
- A) Hibiscus; B) Zinnia; C) Begonia
- Plants respond to sounds such as music or human speech.
- A) True; B) False
- The average strawberry has _____ seeds on the outside of its fruit.
- A) 50; B) 200; C) 350
- What does the orange tree symbolize?
- A) Cleansing; B) Reward; C) Welcome
- What plant can change its leaf color depending on the light it receives?
- A) Hawaiian Ti; B) Croton; C) Hydrangea
- What plant uses phytoremediation to break down toxic substances in the soil?
- A) Sunflower; B) Azalea; C) Podocarpus
- Which of the following plants is known for its ability to catch insects?
- A) Shrimp Plant; B) Venus Flytrap; C) Daylily
Click here to see the answers.
Flower of the Week: Melampodium
Please email Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or gardening tips you would like to see in the future. For more information & ideas, visit Kathy’s Creative Gardens & Nursery, 196 N. Roscoe Blvd. The phone number is 904-655-7373.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here