St. Johns County is offering disaster relief assistance for qualifying income-eligible residents that have experienced damage to their homes as a result of Hurricane Irma. According to program guidelines, the assistance may help cover costs for the following eligible activities:
• Purchase of emergency supplies for weather-damaged homes.
• Tree and debris removal and interim repairs to avoid further damage in order to make a housing structure habitable.
• Construction of wells, or repairs to existing wells, where public water is not available.
• Payment of insurance deductibles for rehabilitation of homes covered under homeowners insurance policies.
• Security deposits or rental assistance for eligible recipients who have been displaced from their homes due to damage from the storm.
For more information on qualifying for disaster relief assistance, call the St. Johns County Housing and Community Development Division at (904) 209-1250.