New funding opportunities are available from The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida that are relevant to the Beaches communities.
Applications are open for nonprofit organizations serving aging adults in Northeast Florida and for organizations promoting visual art and art education in St. Augustine.
Applications can be found at www.jaxcf.org/receive.
Preliminary applications for competitive grants of $20,000 are available to nonprofit organizations serving older adults and their caregivers in Northeast Florida.
• These applications should focus on work to improve the quality of life for older adults by assisting under-served and under-resourced seniors in Duval, Clay, Baker, St. Johns and Nassau counties.
• The grants are funded through the Grace H. Osborn Endowment, I.R. Bowen and Katherine H. Bowen Fund, and the Grady C. and Rebecca T. Parker Endowment at The Community Foundation.
• Preliminary applications are due by March 1 for grants that will begin on Sept. 1.
Visual Art in St. Augustine
Preliminary applications are now available for nonprofit organizations that promote visual art appreciation or education in St. Augustine.
• Grant proposals of $2,500 to $5,000 will be accepted. Proposals for $2,500 or less are called sponsorships and require only a preliminary application. Sponsorship applications are accepted at any time throughout the year, while funds are still available.
• The grants are funded through the Dr. JoAnn Crisp-Ellert Fund at The Community Foundation.
• Preliminary applications are due by April 5 for grants that begin on Sept. 1.
Grant applications for certain other competitive resources have been open since December and have deadlines that are imminent. Go to www.jaxcf.org/receive for the latest information.
The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida (www.jaxcf.org), Florida’s oldest and largest community foundation, works to stimulate philanthropy to build a better community. Now in its 54th year, the Foundation has assets of $343 million and has made nearly $410 million in grants since 1964.