EMMA Concert Association recently announced the schedule for the EMMA Concert Series’ 41st season in the Oldest City. EMMA is a nonprofit, all-volunteer organization that features high-quality music and dance performances such as the Gainesville Orchestra and Dance Alive National Ballet at Flagler College’s Lewis Auditorium.
The organization’s original name was Emil Maestre Music Association. Started in 1979 by a small group of music lovers, among them Frieda Bringmann and Irene and Peter Allemano, the organization was named after famous Spanish cellist, Emil Maestre, who retired to St. Augustine. EMMA was incorporated in September of the same year. Since then, EMMA has committed to 41 years of offering quality music and dance performances.
The 2019-2020 season lineup
All performances are 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 ― Neil Berg’s ’50 Years of Rock and Roll’
• Sunday, Oct. 6 (3 to 5:30 p.m.) ― Hollywood Concert Orchestra “Night at the Oscars”
• Wednesday, Dec. 18 ― Holiday Pops with Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra
• Saturday, Jan. 25 ― Glenn Miller Orchestra
• Saturday, Feb. 8 ― Russian State Symphony Orchestra
• Saturday, March 14 ― Dance Alive National Ballet “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
• Saturday, April 11 ― Gainesville Orchestra
The Flagler College Lewis Auditorium is located at 14 Granada Street in downtown St. Augustine. Single ticket prices range from $5 for child and student tickets to $40 for adults. To purchase tickets, visit emmaconcerts.com, call (904) 797-2800 or email EMMAinfo@bellsouth.net.