The Ponte Vedra High School (PVHS) Swim & Dive team achieved its best season in school history, breaking seven PVHS records at the 2A Florida State Championships in Stuart, Florida.
Coming off district wins for the boys and girls teams and a boys regionals win, which was the first in PVHS school history, the team sent five male swimmers, five female swimmers and a female diver to the state championships.
The results were as follows for the boys team:
• Max Milicevic (senior) — Second place in 100 freestyle; new school record with 46.66 time; also finished in 10th place in 50 freestyle; new school record with 21.75 time
• Andrew Relihan (senior) — Fourth place in 200 freestyle; new school record with 1:42.79 time; also finished in fifth place in 100 freestyle with 47.27 time
• Nicholas Cox (senior) — Eighth place in 200 individual medley; new school record with 1:57.55 time; also finished in fourth place in 100 backstroke; new school record with 52.35 time
• Boys 200 free relay — Cleburne Wilson, Igor Kazhuro, Andrew Relihan and Max Milicevic — Third place; new school record with 1:26.68 time
• Igor Kazhuro (senior) — 12th place in 100 fly
• Boys 400 free relay — Igor Kazhuro, Nicholas Cox, Max Milicevic and Andrew Relihan — New school record with 3:10.61 time
The girls team sent the following swimmers/diver to state finals:
• Lilly Lewis — 100 free, 200 free relay and 400 free relay
• Holly Cox — 200 free, 500 free, 200 free relay and 400 free relay
• Riley Hagy — 500 free, 200 free relay and 400 free relay
• Kaitlyn Copland — 200 free relay
• Hannah Outcalt — 400 free relay
• Kate Zehil — Diver — Fourth place
Following the conclusion of the fall sports season, Max Milicevic, Andrew Relihan, Nicholas Cox and Kate Zehil were recognized at an awards banquet recognizing top athletes in Northeast Florida.