Reservations are now open for The Woman’s Exchange of St. Augustine’s annual “Christmas in October” luncheons, which coincide with holiday shopping at the historic Peña-Peck House at 143 St. George St.
The luncheon fee is $31.95, sales tax included, plus a $5 coupon off a $10 minimum purchase on the day of the luncheon. A luncheon includes an entrée, side dish, bread and dessert, plus coffee or tea and water. A vegetarian option is offered but not vegan or gluten-free. Wine may be brought by patrons. Wine glasses are available on request.
Patrons may make reservations in person, paying with cash, check or credit card at the Woman’s Exchange. Phone reservations at (904) 829-5064 may be paid for by credit card when the reservation is made, or by check sent within a week of the reservation (if the check is not received within a week, the reservation will be canceled).
Since 1932, the Woman’s Exchange has operated and managed the Peña-Peck House, circa 1750, on behalf of the City of St. Augustine. Proceeds from shop sales, luncheons and special events, as well as donations for daily tours, go towards scholarships to St. Johns River State College for women over 30 returning to or starting a career; helping consignors sell their hand-crafted items; and upkeep of the Peña-Peck House.
The dates and entrees for the "Christmas in October" luncheons are:
· Tuesday, Oct. 23 – Roast pork in prosciutto with chutney
· Friday, Oct. 26 – Pesto-crusted chicken
· Tuesday, Oct. 30 – Entrée selection to be announced
· Thursday, Nov. 1 – Chicken with wine and mushrooms
· Tuesday, Nov. 6 – Pork tenderloin cutlets with lemon sauce
· Friday, Nov. 9 – Prosciutto-wrapped pork tenderloin
· Tuesday, Nov. 13 – Baked chicken