Berry & Co. Real Estate
It's so cool to plan a home from the ground up, putting my schooling in architecture and interior design to work. That was what happened about five years ago when I helped Ponte Vedra Beach native Zac Cover team up with another local, Ben Ossi of Ossi Homes and Development, to create a home that would be perfect for Zac and his busy lifestyle.
Zac's parameters for his home and location were the following:
• Accessibility to the beach (this lot is just 11 blocks away) so Zac could get in his exercise time without a lot of travel time.
• Open kitchen designed around a one-piece stone island. Accented by professional-grade appliances and quality appointments and designed for gatherings with friends and family. Low-maintenance exterior (board & batten and lap James Hardie siding all around).
• Low-maintenance interior (distressed wood floors through the first floor and on the stair treads).
• Well-designed bathrooms, with neutral, high-quality tiles installed with care and customized cabinetry with self-closing doors.
• Granite on bathroom vanities; 8-foot interior doors and 5 ¼-inch baseboards.
• Low-E vinyl windows, trimmed in wood for that finished look.
• Energy-efficient radiant barrier TechShield roof sheathing and 30-year architectural shingles plus gutters.
• 15 SEER HVAC with programmable thermostats
• Low-maintenance landscaping and full sprinkler system
• Timeless "Beachy" style clean/crisp design
In addition, Zac wanted to find a site with a little extra space around him. This house at 3273 Horn Court provides that — the side setbacks of 7.5 feet provide at least 15 feet between houses. On the south end of the property is an additional 25-foot buffer, a city easement. This 25 feet provides an unusually large play area for Zac's daughter, in addition to South Beach Park also known as Sunshine Park, which is just at the end of the block. The lot on a short street at the very end of the cul-de-sac is another bonus.
This home's style is truly timeless, from its street presence to the inside finishes, like simple decorative mouldings and smooth ceilings. Its design was before its time — the open kitchen layout is exactly what most buyers seek today. Plus it has the good look of wood floors, the practicality of an island kitchen, baths for every bedroom, walk-in closets, uniformly high ceilings (10 feet on first level, 9 feet on the second) — elements only available when the buyer and builder work hand in hand. It's time for a different house for Zac, so he is looking forward to turning this one over to someone who will enjoy it as much as he has. It features four bedrooms, an office and four full baths.
Located at 3273 Horn Court in Jacksonville Beach, this property is represented by Berry & Co. Real Estate, listed by Clare Berry and offered for $665,000.