The St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department recently announced that St. Johns County beach driving passes — which cost $50 for residents, $100 for non-residents and $40 for handicap passes — are now on sale.
Passes will be available during normal business hours at the following locations through March 1, 2019:
• Tax Collector’s Main Office – 4030 Lewis Speedway in St. Augustine
• Tax Collector’s DuPont Center – 6658 U.S. 1 South in St. Augustine
• Tax Collector’s Julington Creek Office – 725 Flora Branch Blvd. in St. Johns
• Tax Collector’s Ponte Vedra Office – 5430 Palm Valley Road in Ponte Vedra Beach
• St. Johns County Beach Services Office – 901 Pope Road in St. Augustine
• St. Johns County Ocean and Fishing Pier Gift Shop – 350 A1A Blvd. in St. Augustine
According to the Parks & Recreation Department, residents must present a valid ID with a St. Johns County address or present proof of property tax payments in St. Johns County to purchase a resident pass. When requesting a handicap pass, a handicap hangtag or proof of qualification must be presented. Disabled military are eligible for a free annual pass by presenting military ID or a letter from Veterans Affairs verifying disabled status. Vehicles accessing the beach do not need a beach pass until March 1, 2019. After that date, beach passes will be available for purchase (at the same rate) at tollbooth locations only.
For more information on annual beach driving passes, call the St. Johns County Beach Services Office at (904) 209-0341. Visit the Reach the Beach Mobile App or www.sjcfl.us/beaches for current beach access updates and beach driving conditions.